Maria Shriver visits her new Santa Monica home, she looks unrecognizable
As Maria Shriver walked around over the weekend, she looked unrecognizable. As the former first lady of California, she appeared to be sporting a new look while appearing to be makeup-free as she was photographed in Santa Monica, Calif. The 66-year-old headed to her car after stopping by the construction site where she is building a new home.
One practice I instituted a few years ago is taking the month of August away from work—away from writing my weekly column, away from my work at @NBCNews and @womensalz. And now I’ve added @mosh_life to my plate.— Maria Shriver (@mariashriver) August 1, 2022
A journalist, author, and former First Lady of California, Maria Shriver has dedicated her life to advocating for women, children, and families.
began her career in broadcasting, working as a news reporter for NBC. She later became a special correspondent for the network, where she reported on a wide range of topics, including politics, human interest stories, and historical documentaries.
In 2003, Shriver was appointed as the First Lady of California, a role she held until 2011. As First Lady, she launched several initiatives aimed at improving the lives of women and children in the state. She also served as the President of the California Commission on Women and Girls, and was a member of the board of directors for the California Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports.
Since leaving office, Shriver has continued to work on behalf of women and children. She is the author of several books, including Just Who Will You Be? and A Woman’s Work: A Century of Change. Shriver also hosts a weekly podcast called The Women’s Power Hour, which focuses on issues affecting women and families.
Shriver is a strong advocate for women’s empowerment and maternal health. She has spoken out about the need for affordable childcare, paid family leave, and other policies that can help improve the lives of women and children. She is also a proponent of the #MeToo movement, and has spoken out about the importance of fighting for gender equality.
Shriver is a highly respected figure in the world of politics and journalism. She is a frequent guest on news programs, and her work has been featured in major publications such as Time, The New York Times, and The Washington Post.
Ten things you didn’t know about Maria Shriver
1. Maria Shriver is best known as the wife of former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, and as a journalist and author.
2. Shriver was born in Chicago, Illinois, to Sargent Shriver and Eunice Kennedy Shriver.
3. Shriver is a member of the Kennedy family, and is a niece of former U.S. President John F. Kennedy.
4. Shriver is also a niece of former U.S. Attorney General and U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy, and a cousin of former U.S. President John F. Kennedy, Jr.
5. Shriver is a graduate of Georgetown University, and holds a degree in broadcast journalism.
6. Shriver started her career as a news journalist, working for NBC News.
7. Shriver is the author of six books, including “What’s Wrong with America’s Children?” and “A Woman’s Nation.”
8. Shriver has been married to Arnold Schwarzenegger since 1986, and the couple have four children together.
9. Shriver is a member of the Democratic Party, and has been involved in numerous political campaigns.
10. Shriver was the First Lady of California from 2003 to 2011.