There are varieties of streaming services that you can choose from presently, and mind you they offer lots of benefits. After subscribing to a couple of such services, you might ask yourself some questions like; whether these monthly costs are justified or the acquired services are in accordance to what you want.
That’s why people are optimizing the number of streaming apps they pay for. Obviously, the ability of a service to provide abundant content that can satisfy you is a major factor in this regard. If not, then you can go ahead to cancel it. Among others, if you’re wondering how to cancel your Hulu (one of the most popular streaming services around) subscription, we will walk you through the steps to follow in this article.
With Hulu, you can simply cancel your subscription at any time you want and also renew it whenever you choose to come back. In addition, you may find it interesting to discover that:
- When you cancel your Hulu subscription, your account still remains active until the payment period elapses, after which you won’t be able to access it and no longer be charged.
- If you don’t want to permanently cancel your subscription, it can be paused for about 12 weeks and afterwards reactivate it.
Steps Involved in cancelling HULU on the web in windows or Mac.
Irrespective of the operating system you are using, canceling Hulu subscription on a computer is the same across the board. You just have to go by the following steps:
- Begin by opening the browser of your choice on your PC
- Visit the Hulu’s homepage https://www.hulu.com/
- Click “Log in” in the top-right corner of the screen as seen in the image below.
4. Once you’ve entered your username and password, at the upper right-hand corner, click on your name.
5. On the drop-down menu, scroll down and then select “Account” under “Manage Profiles.”
6. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the screen and click “Cancel.” After this, click “Continue” to confirm the cancellation. So far you are set on cancelling Hulu sub permanently; select “Continue to Cancel.“
7. Another window will load and ask you to select a reason for your cancellation. From the bubble results, pick one and tap the “Continue to Cancel.“
8. At this stage you may receive a final prompt offering you a two-week, paid subscription or a page that says Hulu is adding shows all the time. Click “Continue to Cancel” once again.
9. At this point, Hulu is going to present additional offers in an attempt to keep you as a subscriber. Since your aim is to cancel your Hulu subscription, proceed by clicking “Cancel Subscription.” Haven done that, you are no longer on payment or subscribed to Hulu and a confirmation email will be sent to this effect. If you cancel your Hulu subscription before the expiry date, you don’t need to panic because you will still have the access until the end of your current billing period. However, this should be seen on your account page.
What if am using an Android, how do i go about canceling my Hulu subscription?
For those using Android devices, the process for cancelling the sub is quite easy. Just follow the enlisted steps:
Step 1: Start the Hulu app on your Android device. From there, tap the “Account” icon seen at the lower-right corner of your screen.
Step 2: Tap “Account” from the menu.
Step 3: If the app asks for your password, then you will need to provide it.
Step 4: Once you get to the “Cancel Your Subscription” section, tap “Cancel.”
After doing this, your Hulu subscription will be canceled. So far you’ve already paid for the subscription upfront, you’ll still be granted the access to Hulu’s content until the end of the billing period.
How to Cancel Hulu Sub through Spotify?
Hulu subscription is included in Spotify Premium accounts, and as a result, the only way to the cancellation is to return to the Spotify Free account. This could be achieved through the following listed steps below:
1. Log in to Spotify either through your mobile app or a web browser.
2. Proceed to “Account settings”.
3. Go to “Your plan” section afterwards tap the “change plan“.
4. Now scroll down to “Spotify Free”.
5. Then tap “Cancel Premium” and confirm your choice if asked.
6. A window will pop-up showing you the date when your Spotify Premium account will revert to Spotify Free.
Haven done these, you have successfully cancelled your subscription. Just as it is with others, you’ll still have access to Hulu until the billing period is over.
How to Cancel Hulu Sub through Amazon Prime?
If your Hulu subscription payment is through Amazon, there are two different ways to go about cancelling it. It can either be done through Amazon or Hulu itself. To cancel it directly from Hulu, simply follow the steps aforementioned in the previous sections. On the other hand, if it is through Amazon, you just have to follow the steps below.
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to https://www.amazon.com.
- Then log in via your Amazon username and password.
- Drag the cursor to the “Account & Lists” usually located at the top-right corner of your screen.
- Proceed to the menu option at the right side, then click on “Your Account”.
- Next line of action is to click “Your devices and content.”
- You will see a section named “things you can do“, haven gotten this, proceed by clicking on “Manage Appstore subscriptions”.
- Locate Hulu situated at the right side of your screen and click on “Actions”.
- Then click the “Turn off auto-renewal” that will be seen from the drop-down menu.
- Lastly, you will need to confirm your action on the next menu.
Note that after you are done with the whole process, an email will be sent to you stating “your subscription has been successfully cancelled”.
Therefore, Amazon will not charge you for the service rendered.
How to Cancel Hulu Sub through a Cable Company?
Popularly, various cable companies usually include Hulu as one of the packages offered by them. Nevertheless, the cancellation of your subscription in this aspect can be varyingly dependent on the type of cable service provider you are using.
Conventionally, every cable companies want you to consult them for any kind of adjustment needed, however some of them may have solutions to this issue via an online means. Supposing you have an online account through which you can get your issues sorted, then you should work it out. In case that didn’t work, you can proceed to consult the customer service of the company by dialing the appropriate toll-free number.