Tesla truck is Tesla Cybertruck that is an electric vehicle developed by Tesla Inc. it is an all-electric, battery-powered, and light commercial vehicle. Three models have been announced, with range estimates of 250–500 miles and an estimated 0-6 mph time of 2.9–6.5 seconds, depending on the model.
The basic price of the rear-wheel-drive model of the vehicle will be US$39,900 and with all-wheel-drive models starting at $49,900.
The Cybertruck production is scheduled to begin in 2021 and with more models being offered by 2022.
- Self-leveling suspension: Self-leveling suspension compensate for variable load and also some models will have all-wheel drive.
- On-board power inverter: it is one of the standard features that help to supply electricity and it can supply both 120 and 240-volt electricity and it allows the power tools without any portable generator.
- Air compressor: this air compressor is used as powering pneumatic tools.
- Stainless Steel: the exterior stainless steel sheet is used as bullet-resistant against 9 mm caliber bullets.
- All vehicles will also come with Tesla Autopilot and will have the hardware competencies for fully autonomous operation.
o The interior of the prototype exposed on 21 November 2019 that’s includes a 17-inch center display.
o There is 6 seating capacity using two bench seats and in the front middle seat being fold that’s used for the armrest.
o A digital rear-view camera-based mirror.
o A race car style steering yoke, and a dashboard with a surface like marble.
o The rear middle seat is foldable and when a fold-down then it allows loading long cargo extending into the cab from the vault.
o The dashboard that is paper composite material made and gives the marble look. Paper, wood-based fibers, wood pigments, and other non-petroleum based resins are used in the dashboard.
- The vault (bed) of the truck is 2.0 m long and similar to a conventional pickup truck bed with the tailgate.
- To improve the aerodynamics of the vehicle, the vault has sloped sidewalls and integral motorized roller shutter style tonneau cover.
- It provides additional security as an enclosed space of 100 cubic feet.
- LED light strips are used in each side
- It also provides additional under-floor storage space behind the rear wheels
- 110 and 220 V AC outlets and a compressed air outlet for pneumatic tools also include with it.
- It is claimed that there is a pass-through to the cabin for long cargo.
- The displayed prototype lacks any consistent opening in the front of the bed.
- There may be the cabin’s climate control will also be available in the vault for uses such as for camping.
Tesla Truck is built with an exterior shell made for ultimate strength and passenger safety.
Starting with an almost impenetrable exoskeleton, every component is meant for superior strength and sturdiness from Ultra-Hard 30 X Cold-Rolled stainless-steel structural skins to Tesla armor glass.
The cyber track uses unibody construction for many passenger cars instead of a body on frame and as standard vehicle frame would conflict with the underfloor battery pack.
It may use unusually thick 3 mm cold-rolled stainless steel body panel that cannot be stamped like conventional automobile parts.
The panels can only be bent along straight lines resulting in a very distinctive faceted design that has been called” low-poly” or also likened to origami and this material distributes stress more evenly and allows for additional interior volume.
Earlier design concepts included titanium for the outer panels but later it replaced by stainless steel for additional strength.
And it was formed by using an alloy that was developed in-house by Tesla.
It is available in three models single motor RWD, dual-motor AWD, Trimotor AWD.
- Single motor RWD has range ≥ 250 miles (400 km) (EPA est) with top speed 110 mph (175 km/h) and payload 3,500 lb (1,600 kg). Also, it has a towing capacity of ≥ 7,500 lb (3,400 kg). this is available in $39,900.
- Dual motor AWD has range ≥ 300 miles (480 km) (EPA est) with top speed 120 mph (195 km/h) and payload 3,500 lb (1,600 kg). Also, it has a towing capacity of ≥ 10,000 lb (4,550 kg). This is available at $49,900.
- Tri-Motor AWD has range ≥ 500 miles (800 km) (EPA est) with top speed 130 mph (210 km/h) and payload 3,500 lb (1,600 kg). Also it has towing capacity of ≥ 14,000 lb (6,350 kg). This is available in $69,900.
These models will have about 100 cubic feet of storage space and a 6.5 ft long cargo area. And also, on “off-road vehicle” 16 inches of ground clearance is provided with a 35-degree approach and 28-degree departure angle.
Height: 1.9 m
Width: ~ 82.0 in (2,083 mm)
Length: 5.89 m
Manufacturer: Tesla Inc